Are you ready for Spring break and vacations?
Use our Spring Home Security tips below to get your home ready for warm weather. Remember, Security is not expensive, It is PRICELESS!
1. Doors & Windows: Make sure to close and lock your windows at night and when you are away from home.
2. Eliminate Hiding places: Clear away areas that are overgrown or could provide thieves with hiding spots.
3. Know your neighbors: Work with your neighbors to keep an eye out for suspicious activities on your street. Leave a key with a neighbor, don’t leave a key under the doormat, plant pot near entrance.
4. Exterior Lighting: Make sure that the exterior is well lit at night. Use motion-sensitive fixtures around the perimeter or smart light bulbs indoor to make it seems like you’re home when you’re away.
5. Make Home Look Occupied: Create the illusion that you are home by using timers on lights, radios and TV’s. Keep an extra car parked prominently in the drive way or ask a neighbor to park their car there.
6. Suspend Deliveries: If away on vacation, put a hold on newspaper and mail deliveries. Consider having packages delivered elsewhere or requiring a signature for delivery.
7. Set a safety routine: Make sure your alarm system are armed every time you leave the house. Check the batteries in smoke detectors and test your burglar alarm system on a monthly basis.
8. Social Media: Don’t leave a message announcing travel plans on the answering machine, e-mail auto-responder or on social media sites.
Valley Alarm wishes you to have a wonderful Spring break while your home and properties remain Safe & Sound.
- Home Security for Father’s Day - June 13, 2022
- Video Guard Monitoring for Cannabis Businesses Part 2 - May 5, 2022
- Virtual Guard Monitoring for Office Complexes - May 3, 2022