The Invisible Killer: Carbon Monoxide

carbon monoxide detector poisoning alarm

You can’t see, taste or smell the “Invisible Killer”: Carbon Monoxide (CO). It’s an odorless and colorless gas created by fuels burned incompletely. Additionally, Carbon Monoxide can be produced from anything that burns fuel: cars, stoves, grills, and fireplaces, to name a few. CO is dangerous when inhaled. It displaces oxygen in the blood and deprives vital organs of oxygen. Large amounts of CO can also cause loss of consciousness and suffocation within minutes. Signs of CO poisoning may include: constant headaches, weakness, dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, and shortness of breath.

Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning: